Location: Priory Buildings, Orpington
Time commitment: approx. half a day a month
About Release International
Release International serves
persecuted Christians in 25 countries around the world: supporting pastors,
Christian prisoners and their families, and anyone who is subject to oppression
or persecution simply because of their Christian faith.
Our Mission is: “To help Christians in the UK and Ireland actively engage with their persecuted brothers and sisters around the world by praying with them, standing with them, helping them, and learning lessons of true Christian discipleship with them.”
Our Vision is: “A world in which the whole Body of Christ understands persecution and responds prayerfully, pastorally and practically every time a Christian is persecuted.”
About this role
As a Resources Volunteer you will help to support the Finance & Resources department with some practical tasks, based at our offices in Orpington.
Typical tasks include
It is anticipated this role will require about half a day a month, so would suit someone located close to Orpington. It is likely that the hours, including days/times could vary from month to month, depending on need. However, this is a voluntary role and the actual level and scope of activity can be discussed and will depend on the role-holder’s available time and energy. The main tasks within the role, as examples but not limited to, are:
- Change lights in building
- Pack away stationery
- Pack away deliveries
- Gardening (clearing weeds around building/brambles & nettles from carpark)
- Ad-hoc minor building maintenance and upkeep
- Tidy and maintain storages areas
- Take items to the Safe Store (off-site) as needed and vice versa
- Organise and maintain Safe Store, including label areas create spread sheet detailing its contents
- Some local shopping for resources/equipment as required
- Assisting with storage/removal of redundant computer equipment
- Preparation of kit to send to exhibitions
- Defrost fridge/freezer
- Assisting with development of a comprehensive asset register (optional, if have computer skills)
- Taking paper and cardboard to the nearest recycling centre
Who we are looking for
The role-holder will need to have the aptitude for practical tasks of the sort above, although full training can be given for the tasks involved. For this role, we’re particularly looking for someone who:
- has practical skills
- is physically fit enough to cope with the physical demands of the role
- can be flexible in the amount of time they offer and has some flexibility in their availability
- has a sense of calling to serve persecuted Christians along with an understanding and agreement of Release International’s Mission and Vision, Values and Purposes
- is able to agree fully with our Ethos Statement, Statement of Belief and Equal Opportunities Policy.
What we offer
- The opportunity to serve the church in the UK / Ireland, and our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world.
- Appropriate and relevant induction / training so you can fulfil your role with confidence.
- The opportunity to support the Finance & Resources team of Release International to help it fulfil its mission and vision.
- Reimbursement of reasonable and agreed expenses incurred to fulfil the role.
- Management support.
We value the energy and enthusiasm young people bring to this role. To carry out full delivery of this, volunteers must be 18 or over.
The role will be reviewed, for mutual benefit and to facilitate shared learning, annually and at the conclusion of the role or its related project.
To speak to someone about this role or to register your interest in volunteering for Release please email or call 01689 823491
Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
(Hebrews chapter 13 verse 3)
Click here to download a pdf of this information.