Seventeen dead after Fulani attack on Christian village in Nigeria
Fulani militants have continued their killing spree in north and central Nigeria with a brutal attack on a Baptist village in Kaduna on Tuesday night.
Release partners say 17 people died in a midnight raid on Gonan Rogo village, near Makyali – including a married couple and their three children.
Please pray for our Christian family in Gonan Rogo village as they come to terms with their loss.
Villagers were asleep when Fulani set upon them with guns and knives. Seven children were among the dead. Six people were injured, including a baby whose skull was penetrated by a bullet that killed her mother.
Release partner Stefanos Foundation says that the attackers met with no resistance, despite the presence of a military checkpoint nearby. Press reports suggested the Fulani killed another six people in nearby villages.
- Ask God to heal the injured and comfort those who are mourning in Gonan Rogo.
- Thank God that the life of the three-month-old baby has been miraculously spared.
- Pray that villagers will emerge from this ordeal with a stronger faith.
- Pray that they will know that nothing cannot separate them from the love of God and so they are ‘more than conquerors’ (Romans 8:35, 37).
- Ask God to give state and national authorities wisdom and firm resolve to end a crisis that has dragged on for years now.
- “Pray for the Persecutors, that they might be saved”. Richard Wurmbrand.
(Source: Stefanos Foundation)