Will your church help persecuted Christians who are responding to hate with love?
Every day Christians around the world are facing persecution for following Jesus.
In recent times in Nigeria many thousands have been killed or displaced because of their Christian faith.
In China, Eritrea and North Korea being a Christian could mean being thrown into prison, tortured for a long time and even death.
In Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Laos and Egypt the lives of church leaders, believers and converts to Christianity can often hang in the balance. Their churches can be attacked, Christian materials can be destroyed and they can be forced to live in poverty.
Yet, despite facing such tough challenges and suffering many persecuted Christians fight back with: love.
They forgive those who persecute them. But, it isn’t easy and they need our help.
How your church can help
A gift from your church can help persecuted Christians to rebuild their lives, meeting practical needs and offering spiritual encouragement through Release’s partners.
Here are a few examples of what your gift can make possible:
- £300 could help provide medical assistance for a badly injured victim of violence in Nigeria
- £500 could pay for emergency relief provisions for a Christian family displaced by violence
- £1,000 could support our ministry partners to disciple Muslim-background believers and provide them with safe housing
- £2,500 could help provide trauma counselling and pastoral care for church leaders and believers who have suffered violent persecution in countries like Nigeria
- £5,000 could help provide free legal services for persecuted pastors and believers in countries like Pakistan and China
Ways to give:
- Go to the Give page to make a donation online via this site.
- Make your cheque payable to Release and post it to Release International, PO Box 54, Orpington BR5 4RT
- Make a bank transfer to Release, CAF Bank, Sort Code 40-52-40, Account number 00015341 (Please email us to let us know how you want your gift used).
- Call us on 01689 823491 to make a gift by debit or credit card.
- Please email us if you would like to receive Release giving envelopes to use in church pews or at your church’s fundraising event.
Together we can help persecuted Christians to fight hate with love.