If you are interested in fundraising for Release please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01689 823491 to find out how we can support you.
Click to expand the sections below for some practical tips on successful fundraising.
Understand the challenges persecuted Christians face
- Take a look at our website for the latest news and stories of faith and courage from our brothers and sisters around the world.
- Read the latest edition of the Release magazine online or in print.
- Pray about your fundraising event: ask God to bless your initiative and to give you wisdom and strength to fundraise successfully.
Get ready to fundraise
- Set up your giving page to start fundraising. Release International is registered with BT MyDonate, Justgiving.com and Givey and you can create a page on these sites in a couple of minutes or so.
- You can personalise your page by adding your story, how much money you are aiming to raise, and any photos that you think might inspire your friends and colleagues to support you.
- Don’t forget to prepare a short thank you message for your supporters – they will receive this message automatically after they have made a donation.
- Use the tools in justgiving.com and MyDonate to share your giving page with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and via email to see donations start coming in.
- Ask us for resources to support your project. These include magazines, sponsorship forms, collecting boxes, posters, and a fundraising brochure of tips and ideas. Just ask for our fundraising pack. (Call the office on 01689 823491 or email email@example.com)
- Tell your friends and family about your fundraising activity and invite them to support you.
- Use email and social media to invite your friends, colleagues and family to support your fundraising efforts and provide a link to your giving page.
- Share the stories and photos we can provide to help you raise awareness about the persecution of Christians.
- Browse our fundraising brochure for inspiring ideas you can adopt or adapt.
- Talk to people in your church or home group about what you are doing and encourage them to sponsor you. Always keep the sponsorship form handy so they can make a pledge.
- Tell your friends that they can give easily by sending a text– but make sure you get a special code for text giving first from Release.
- Use photos and stories from our Facebook page or Twitter feed to keep your Facebook friends and Twitter followers informed.
- When using your sponsorship form make sure that your sponsors complete it correctly – including their address details and Gift Aid information.
- Ask your friends to make any cheques payable to Release International and if you have collected cash, please keep it secure and make sure it is counted and checked by two people. If you have any questions about how you are collecting the money please call or email us.
After the event – sending money to Release
- After you have completed your event, collect the gifts from your sponsors and send it to Release. You can send a cheque, use your debit or credit card by phone, or pay into the Release Bank account at: CAF Bank, Account No. 00015341, Sort Code 40-52-40.
- Send thank you emails or notes to your supporters, let them know how much you raised and tell them what a difference their gifts will make to persecuted Christians around the world.
- Post some photos or a video from your fundraising event on Facebook and other social media sites with a message of appreciation to your supporters.
Our fundraising pack gives you all you need to plan and resource your fundraising:
- A brochure with practical tips you can adopt or adapt
- Examples of how other supporters have raised amounts ranging from £50 to £5,000
- Samples of our magazine, pledge card, and collecting box you can request in quantity
- A sample of our sponsorship form, if you are planning a sponsored walk or bike ride, etc
- Posters for your church noticeboard
You can download the main Fundraising Pack brochure by clicking the link above, but we recommend that you call our Office on 01689 823491 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you the complete pack in the post.
If you have any questions or if you need some help or inspiration please just email, email@example.com or call us on 01689 823491. We will be happy to help.
UPCOMING EVENTS: You can read more about the forthcoming fundraising challenges we have planned for 2019 below:
Peak District Challenge: July 13th/14th
South Coast Challenge: August 31st/September 1st
Thames Path Challenge: September 7th/8th
North Downs 50 Challenge: September 28th