If you are interested in raising funds for persecuted Christians here are a few things other supporters have done which you might like to consider:
FUNDRAISING FROM HOME
- Host a fundraising coffee morning, afternoon English tea, or dinner party (eg a Sabina Supper) at your own home or your church hall. People love to fundraise while socialising over an enjoyable cuppa and cake or a special meal!
FUN AND GAMES
- Organise a games evening with a modest entry fee and a small prize for the winner or winning team. You could play board games such as chess, Scrabble, Settlers of Catan, or even snakes and ladders; table-top games such as Connect 4, dominoes or Ludo; or card games such as Exploding Kittens, snap or Uno; or even multiple-player online games
- Run a quiz night – this is another effective fundraising idea. First, arrange a quiz master and a venue. Then go online for the types of questions you want to use. Invite your friends and make sure you provide some tasty snacks. You can charge for tickets and maybe even do a raffle if you have a few items or services that you might want to auction.
SHOW A FILM
- Host a screening of Tortured for Christ – a moving drama documentary about the witness and patient endurance of the pastor whose experience in Romanian prisons still inspires Christians around the world. Call 01689 823491 to order your free copy of the DVD and pack of promotional materials.
- Auction promises (a meal, babysitting, car washes, shopping, gardening, decorating, etc)
- BBQ (Barbecue)
- Hold a sale – do you and your friends enjoy cooking, crafting, or growing plants? Then why not arrange a Saturday sale from your home or church hall, if others get involved. People can be amazingly enthusiastic about supporting charitable sales like these! You might have tables for:
- Many people like the challenge of doing something active or even daredevil to raise funds for charity. These are some of the challenges that have been undertaken by Release supporters:
- A walk
- A cycle-ride
- A fun-run or a serious run (say, 1,000 or 5,000m)
- A marathon or triathlon
- A three-peaks walk
- An abseil or bungee-jump
- Organise a football match – this is a great way to involve men and young people in your church. If you don’t get enough people for two teams of 11, you can always make it a game of five-a-side. Ask each player to pay a fee for playing and get the spectators to make a contribution too. Also, you might want to provide some hot drinks and snacks and charge a small amount for them to raise more.
- Keep a collecting box on your mantelpiece and collect spare change to send in when it is full.
- Get Utility Warehouse discount electricity, gas, landline, mobile and internet services (0333 777 3121 quoting ref B55981). They make a small donation to Release on each of your bills.
- Scrap your old car at Giveacar (giveacar.co.uk or 020 0011 1664, quoting Release as your preferred charity).
- Do you order goods from Amazon? If you do, you can use Amazon Smile to make a small gift to Release on purchases you make – at no extra cost to you. To select us as your charity, go to Amazon Smile and sign in to your Amazon Account. Then go to Shopping Programmes, click Change your Charity and enter Release International in the Search box. You only need to do this once and then Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price to Release International from every eligible purchase you make – without any extra cost to you. Once set up please add Amazon Smile to your Favourites and automatically donate to Release International!
Will you do something simple or amazing to help persecuted Christians?
If you would like to fundraise for Release, please call Emőke on 01689 823491 or email: email@example.com She will be glad to send you sponsorship forms and other materials you may find helpful.
Click here to read some inspiring stories of others who have raised funds for Release.