Classification of Persecution
In 2019 Release International redefined our Calling and Mission and the taxonomy (classification) of persecution and this now defines our Ministry.
Through the ministry of Pastor Richard Wurmbrand and Hebrews 13:3 we have been called by God to Love and Serve Persecuted Christians which we outline in the five strategic purposes of our mission:
- Raising their VOICE.
- Giving them the ‘TOOLS’ they need to live for Jesus Christ.
- Calling UK Christians into FELLOWSHIP with them.
- Learning lessons of Christian DISCIPLESHIP with them.
- Maintaining Christian STEWARDSHIP to honour them.
Our Taxonomy of Persecution
Taxonomy is the practice of classification and we have discerned 4 distinct categories of persecuted Christians around the world for whom we can prayerfully, pastorally, and practically help:
- Families of Christian martyrs
- Prisoners of faith and their families
- Christians suffering oppression and violence
- Christians forced to flee